The government of Cameroon has come up with a list of witnesses to testify against Consortium leaders and other detained Anglophone activists. Receipt of the list was acknowledged by Barrister Evans Muna of the Muna & Muna Law Firm; leading defence counsel of the detained Anglophone Consortium leaders as reported by senior journalist,
Human rights lawyer Barrister Felix Agbor Balla, university lecturer Dr Fontem Neba and Mancho Bibixy will appear at the Yaounde military tribunal today to answer severe charges of terrorism and secession amongst others.
The activists jailed for organizing stay at home protests known as "ghost towns" against oppression and maginalisation of Anglophones were arrested on January 20, 2017 after the Anglophone Civil Society Consortium was outlawed by the government. Their trial which began last month was delayed without an official explanation. Though state prosecutors said they didn't have their complete list of witnesses.
The Goverment bench has now come up with a list of witnesses who will testify against the jailed leaders. The list we are told was handed to the defense counsel led by Barrister Ben Muna paving the way for fireworks at the tribunal today.
Receipt of the list was acknowledged by Barrister Evans Muna of the Muna & Muna Law Firm; leading defence counsel of the detained Anglophone Consortium leaders.
The witnesses, amongst them, Dr. kinge Njie, Fung John Ngum, Mr. Tala Michael Ndikum; are to testify against Barrister Balla and the other activists at the military junta in Yaounde today.
A college of more than 150 lawyers defending Balla and co have a tough mission of debunking the claims of the witnesses who are alleged to have been coerced by the government just to punish the Outlawed consortium leaders.
Amnesty International is leading mammoth calls for the detained activist to be set free unconditionally. Balla and co could face a death penalty if found guilty.