All for Joomla All for Webmasters

 

Concord Newsdesk

Concord Newsdesk

Website URL: http://www.cameroon-concord.com Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

A youngster, whose names were not revealed, is presently in the Belo Gendarmerie custody for bestiality. He was caught having sexual gratification with a nanny goat. This unlucky she-goat has not been able to walk since its dignity was desecrated.

CRTV sources revealed this Friday 26 May that, before he started sleeping with goats, he had been having sexual relations with other young boys of his age. One of the lads, who happened to be a victim of this act of terror, reportedly got mad before being saved by a traditional doctor.

 

When the Belo inhabitants learnt about the incident, they swiftly reacted, battering the young delinquent as he deserved.

While at the Belo Gendarmerie Brigade, the twelve year old disclosed that, he had been receiving money and a ring from an old man, which motivated him to be perpetuating the act of sodomy.

As investigation is underway on the situation, the Belo Gendarmerie Brigade commander  calls on everyone to cooperate with the armed forces, so as to find the mysterious grandfather who is alleged to have been interfering adversely in this young boy's live.

 


This is the fifth hearing since the arrest in January and February 2017 of the three Anglophone leaders and 25 others accused persons arrested during the anglohone crisis.

The fifth hearing of the case against Barrister Agbor Balla, Dr Fontem Neba, Mancho Bibixy and others took placed yesterday in Yaounde Military Tribunal. They are being charged with terrorism, rebellion, unlawful assembly, contempt of public officials among others. The case has been further adjourned to June 7, 2017, where probabilities show they will be granted bail.



Sources say the call for amnesty for the Anglophone leaders is as a result of local and international pressures on the government, whose image has been soiled beyond the national territory.
 Sources say the President of the General Assembly of Cameroon Bar, Barrister Nico Halle has pleaded for the release of the detainees with a recent call for amnesty from the Head of State. The argument he puts forth is that an amnesty will be the best option rather than a mercy which can only be given after the judgment and which will feature in their judicial files.
Sources say the state prosecutor of the Yaounde military court is proposing a judicial supervision instead of a bail to the detained leaders.

According to the hearing of yesterday, the judge did not rule out or oppose the bail request, but said if granted bail, they will be put 'under judicial monitoring or control'.

However, the court rejected the bail request for the other 25 persons, who were arrested under the same accusations, including Mancho Bibixy.

South Africa grabbed international attention earlier this year with images of angry demonstrators attacking foreign residents and their businesses. This type of xenophobic violence, analysts say, is largely driven by high unemployment, inequality and frustration with the government’s failure to provide everyone with basic services.

But like those enduring challenges, xenophobic attacks are also proving hard to wipe out. The nation has seen eruptions of major anti-foreigner violence in 2008, 2014, 2015, 2016, and earlier this year. Members of immigrant communities and watchdog groups say xenophobic violence is a daily occurrence.

Sharon Ekambaram leads the refugee and migrant rights program for Lawyers for Human Rights. She said her rights group hears daily accounts of crimes against immigrants, and South African authorities are often reluctant to intervene when foreign nationals are targeted.

“It’s not only my opinion, but it is well documented,” she said. “... And these acts of violence are a combination of very, very reckless statements that have been made by politicians, unsubstantiated statements using foreign nationals as scapegoats for their failure to implement policies and deliver services that they are constitutionally obliged to do.”

In central Johannesburg, Abdirizak Ali Osman, secretary-general of the Somali Community Board, agrees.



“Xenophobia in South Africa has never ended, and I think for me it is never going to end,” he said, rattling off a number of recent reports his office in central Johannesburg has received of lootings, robberies, and threats.

“It happens on a daily basis, on a very small scale, in different parts of the country.”

Scared and silent

Foreign shopkeepers say they are regularly targeted because of their nationality. One, Fatuma Hassan, said she has taken to wearing a face-covering niqab so that she can speak freely about the threats she faces.

“Xenophobia not one time, two times, three times - several times” she said. “Up to now, they came to me, took $300 from my shop. Now my brother came through to here, he told me that they looted, even today in my shop.”

Another Somali businessman, Soweto shopowner Mustafa Omar Caddow, said he recently stood by helplessly as a rampaging mob took at least $30,000 worth of appliances from his shop and then trashed the place.

“This month, in the evening around eight, the people who was destructing, they came, and they looted the shop,” he said. “They break, and they took everything. There is nothing left.”

Safety in numbers



Here in the predominantly Somali suburb of Mayfair, residents say they feel safety in numbers. They need it, they say, because they do not feel the government has listened to their suggestions on how to improve safety.

“I was expecting that at least they will say, we are going to take care of you from now on, so this will not happen,” said Caddow. “They do not say.They say, “Actually, we can do nothing.”

South African police did not answer repeated calls from VOA seeking comment.

Caddow, whose wife and children still live in war-torn, unstable Somalia, said he longs to be reunited with his loved ones after nearly eight years apart.
But, he said, it just isn’t safe.

voa

More than 30 migrants, mostly toddlers, drowned on Wednesday when about 200 people without life jackets fell from a boat into the sea off the Libyan coast before they could be hauled into waiting rescue boats.

Rescue group MOAS, which operates in the Mediterranean, said its staff was pulling bodies out of the water. "Most are toddlers," co-founder Chris Catrambone said on Twitter.

A total of 34 dead bodies were found in the water, and around 1,800 people rescued from four rubber dinghies and six wooden boats, the coast guard said later in a statement.

British and Spanish navy ships, aid group Doctors Without Borders (MSF), three merchant ships and a tug boat joined MOAS and the Italian Coast Guard and Navy to carry out the rescues.

The ill-fated boat probably tipped because of a combination of weather conditions and the fact the migrants suddenly crowded to one side, sending just under half of the 500 on board into the water, the coast guard said.

More than 1,300 people have died this year on the world's most dangerous crossing for migrants, after boarding flimsy boats to flee poverty and war across Africa and the Middle East.

Last Friday, more than 150 disappeared at sea, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said Tuesday, citing testimony collected after survivors disembarked in Italy.

In the past week, more than 7,000 migrants have been plucked from boats in international waters off the western coast of Libya, where people smugglers operate with impunity.

Despite efforts by Italy and the European Union to train and equip the U.N.-backed government in Tripoli and its coast guard to fight traffickers, migrants are arriving in record numbers.

Disputes are also brewing between the Libyan Coast Guard and aid groups. MSF and SOS Mediteranee said officials from the Tripoli-based force had boarded a migrant boat during a rescue Tuesday, robbing the migrants and firing shots into the air.

More than 60 people fell into the water in the ensuing panic, but no one was injured as life jackets had already been given out, MSF and SOS Mediteranee said, broadly corroborating an earlier report by humanitarian group Jugend Rettet.

"Italian and European authorities should not be providing support to the Libyan Coast Guard," MSF representative Annemarie Loof said. "This support is further endangering people's lives."

 

President Paul Biya's degree signed on Wednesday 24th of May 2017,  appointing Carl Enow Ngachu, General Manager of Cameroon's football Academy, ANAFOOT, comes in a period when Southern Cameroonians have gained consciousness not to fall prey to la republique's gimmick schemes.

Enow Ngachu's appointment comes to add to the number of cosmetic measures taken in a mad rush  by the Yaounde crafty government hoping to appease the Ambazonians.



Talking to some anglophones immediately the degree was read over CRTV, Yannick in Melen, Yaounde, told Cameroon Concord that " all these appointments will not stop us from persuing our goal of restoring the statehood of Southern Cameroon....." meanwhile another who sued for anonymity, speaking in a hash tune said " ......if Biya likes, let him appoint all anglophones in his government, we would not turn back again.......nonsense"  he added.

The charismatic and emblematic coach of the indomitable lionnesses of la Republique du Cameroun and Colombe of Sangmalima now has as new mission to detection, initiate young talents into the business of football, manage and develop strategies to enhance the games growth in the country.


On the other hand, a separate degree appointed the almighty CAF ex- boss Issa Hayatou as Board Chair of ANAFOOT for a period of three years renewable once.

Mr Hayatou who witnessed a shameful exit in the CAF top job after 25 years of reign has also served as FIFA interim president for three months. His huge experience in football will be the solid foundation upon which Southern Cameroon's most successful coach, Enow Ngachu must build.

The Bar Human Rights Committee of England and Wales, BHRC, has released a new report in which it revealed numerous violations of international law and fair trial protections in Cameroon’s ongoing prosecution of 28 people.
According to the report, Jodie Blackstock, BHRC’s observer who attended the hearings of Felix Agbor-Balla, Fontem Neba and Mancho Bibixy in April 2017 witnessed a number of serious breaches of the defendants’ fundamental rights to due process and a fair trial.
Going by the observers’ report, Cameroon’s use of the military tribunal despite the fact that charges listed did not fall under military law, violated the right to an independent and impartial trial.


The report also condemns the broadly-defined and imprecise charges, which do not specify which actions by the accused are considered to constitute criminal offences. Equally, the report stated that the lack of information to the accused, denied access to legal assistance and ongoing pre-trial detention since January 2017, with no decision made by the court on its lawfulness or the possibility of bail are all clear breach of fair trial rights.


Speaking on the observation made, Kirsty Brimelow, BHRC Chairperson said charging peaceful protesters breaches basic tenets of Cameroon’s international law obligations as well as its Constitution.
Going by the rights committee, if it transpires that laws designed for terrorist atrocities have been used to detain peaceful protesters, it is an abuse of those laws, and of the right to peaceful protest. To the group, denying detainees meaningful access to lawyers, or to the purported evidence supporting allegations against them, also breaches their legal rights and protections.


In the end, the BHRC urged Cameroon’s state prosecutor to urgently review the charges in these cases. “Due process and fair trial rights must be applied. Whilst charges are reviewed, all detainees should be released from custody or reasons for their detention examined and argued in full bail hearings.

Page 1 of 289

Headlines On Anglophone Newspapers

Modern Villa For Sale in Yaounde Cameroon

Cameroon Concord  is an online publication covering and reporting on  local and world news, sports, entertainment, politics, business, and religious news. Serving Cameroonians .

Newsletter

 

Get the latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to our news alerts.

ADVERTISE

Top
We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…