Keeping them Honest: Your Country Needs You
Mark Bareta is asking whose side are you on?
Self Defense Statement: A Mark Bareta Position
We have come to the bitter realisation that if we must get the attention of the international community like we have done lately and finally forces the hands of the regime and or other bodies to take genuine actions to end the political crisis, then we must invoke our rights to self defense.
We have come to the sad realisations that our lives do not matter and after the September 22nd and October 1st genocide on our land which saw hundreds massacred, mass graves in Buea, thousands abducted, thousands bullet wound and thousands in exile, we must now invoke our rights to self defense
We have to the ugly realisation that just last week, a traditional doctor Christain Ngeh was tortured to dead, Feh Buma, a pregnant lady died as a result of colonial governor in the northern zone actions, two of our comrades were killed in Munyenge, we must now invoke our rights to self defense.
We have come to truly understand that the peaceful people of Southern Cameroons have been pushed to the point where they must defend themselves.
We have come to understand that independence restoration must now go hand in gloves with targeted hard self defense and diplomacy. The two compliments each other without cancelling each other.
We have come to the realisation that after October 1st Proclamation, we restored our nation and as a matter of right, we have that right to own a government, police, army etc.
We have come to know that all legal, historical and UN instruments are on our side and in any court of law, in any diplomatic office we shall and we will win once the facts are put on the table.
We have come to the realisation that unfortunately the world is full of injustice and political and world power comes into play with special interest of foreign countries etc. Therefore, independence restoration shall not be given on the platter of gold no matter how just your case is.
We have come to the realisation that we cannot go back to our vomit and it is now a matter of life and dead.
We have come to the realisation that la Republique is not ready for dialogue and our destiny is in our hands. We must claim it.
Aware of the actions of Ambazonia Defense Forces of the AGC, SCYL, SOCADEF, DoD, Local Defense Groups etc
Cognisance of the fact that these groups had tried everything possible to form a united front but greed, Political gymnastic, suspicions, trusts has eroded them away.
After seeing a memorandum of understanding signed by all these defense groups to work together but till date they have not been able to implement a single text on it because of those vices explained above, the text has remained only on paper.
Aware of what is behind the scenes and what I have seen and known with all these groups involved before and now
Considering the recent actions of the ADF and the pronouncements of its leader Ayaba Cho Lucas
Recognising the setting in place of the Ambazonia Interim Government headed by his Excellency Sisiku Ayuk Julius Tabe.
Bearing in mind the need to henceforth kill all political mastubations so that real actions must commence.
I, Mark Bareta, Media soldier of the revolution, Consortium Emeritus Interim Leader, Founder/CEO of Bareta Media And Communications, Publisher of BaretaNews, Ambazonian Activist do hereby make the following pronouncements.
1. I support and endorse fully the actions of the Ambazonia Defense Forces, the Ambazonia Governing Council headed by its revolutionary leader comrade Ayaba Cho Lucas and called upon him to use all resources available to send away occupying forces from the land of Ambazonia. I hereby assure Ayaba and its group my unflinching support.
2. I support the creation of an Ambazonia Military Wing different from the political set up. It is my full understanding that the interim government is already doing well diplomatically as well as in communication, health, finance etc. I support the fact that the military wing must NOT be expressively under the Interim Government but Must Be covertly under the Interim Government. The voices and hands of the Interim Government (IG) must be strengthened by the actions of the military wing so that once the IG go out there to speak, they speak from the position of strength, they blame what ever happens on the silence of the international community to take actions that forces the regime to dialogue so as to force a political solution. The result as earlier warned by the international crisis group is the pick up of arms. The result as warned by the USA CIA in 1986 is the pick of arms. These are things we must not be afraid. This should be the wordings of the IG always. I hope the relationship between the IG and Military Wing is understood. There is no need explaining further. Let us look at the South African example.
3. The failure of all the defense groups to come as one under one command is now clear. It is now evident that after several attempt, they cannot come together. Therefore, I support a collaborative platform NOT a united front between these groups to be able to share resources, man power, and intelligence. Their collaborative platform must be based on the need that only La Republique is the enemy and therefore must take actions that hurts ONLY the regime and not the actions of different groups. It is now the fact that as time moves on, on the ground when real actions begin, the real groups that will proof their worth and they shall naturally find time to unite. They will always do. No more fake unity of faceless Facebook self defense groups.
4. The attack on the Interim Government and or self defense groups must stop. Surrogates must take the back seats and leaders must pull their actions together. Southern Cameroonians must rise up to self defense and continue pushing actions so that the Interim Government remains pure in the eyes of the international community while allowing self defense groups under a collaborative military wing to do their job. The IG must find ways in the most covert means to support these actions after identifying the real groups on ground Zero.
5. I once again throw my unflinching support to the guerilla warfare tactics. Aware that we do not have the military might to engage in a full blown fight, we must support guerilla tactics here and there to make the place ungovernable and support the fact that actions cannot go at once in all 13 counties but must begin in communities while marching on to midland. This way we weakened the occupier Forces, send fear in their camp until such a time we can develop a full blown police and army force.
6. Mindful of what I have seen and what is to happen in the future, I call on all soldiers of the revolution, Southern Cameroonians to support not only morally but heavily support the actions of Ayaba Cho’s ADF to sustain the ground game and all those who are putting their lifes in danger to fight. Yes, we must put our money where we want freedom. Support financially the ADF. It is our call. If you can’t, find other defense groups that you know. This is an open call.
7. I am putting henceforth a BaretaNews Self Defense Campaign team that shall organise fund raisers for self defense actions. This team shall begin in Belgium in the days ahead and first launching shall be done in Belgium and streamline live. People will be able to donate live or pledge live. Every franc shall be directed to self defense actions groups through the collaborative platform. The campaign team will move country by country in the diaspora.
I have made these statements freely as a free born Ambazonian, I continue to pledge my loyalty to the struggle and sovereign people of Southern Cameroons and as I always say, my allegiance goes only to the people of Southern Cameroons and NOT to any group or leader so much so that, I support any actions from any persons or groups that hurt the occupier and take us one step ahead. This is my philosophy. This is my role God has made me to identify. The kingdom of God suffereth violence and violence was taken by force. So help me God.
Members of Cameroon's parliament from the main opposition partyoon, The Social Democratic Fronnt (SDF) have boycotted the November 2017d ordinary session of Parliament that just started today in Yaounde-Cameroon.
Fresh reports reaching Cameroon Concord say Presbyterian School of Science and Technology Bafut is on fire.
The cause of the incident is not yet known.
For now we can't say if there are any casualties.The fire incident comes barely two weeks after another fire consumed neigbouring PSS.
Most arsons in Southern Cameroons have been blamed on Ambazonian separatists who also accuse La Republique du Cameroun of perpetrating the evil acts as a leeway for more oppression.
Reports reaching Cameroon Concord say some five military personnel of La Republique du Cameroun were discovered dead in the early hours of Monday morning at a checkpoint in Manyu county.
The corpses were reportedly taking to the Mamfe mortuary .
"One of the medical doctors and at least three visitors to the hospital confirmed that 'dead bodies of men in military uniforms were brought to the hospital by a BIR vehicle'," social media reports.
It's not yet clear who murdered the men.
Even the government of La Republique has not uttered a word about the tragedy yet.
At least two civilians are believed dead in Muyuka in violent confrontations with forces of La Republique on Saturday.
At least one civilian has reportedly died in Muyuka in the South West region following violent confrontations with forces of La Republique.
The deceased, identified by media reports as Anziah Louis Ebowadi, was shot on the neck.Many others were injured.The incident occurred on Saturday
Reports say the commotion began when some young men blocked some trucks from entering their town. The forces of law and order later came to open the way for the trucks, and Violence then followed, with the armed men using live bullets on the unarmed civilians. One person died and several others sustained injuries.
Accused of involvement in the murder of the son of Rear Admiral Joseph Fouda(special adviser of President Paul Biya), Michael Feumba claims innocence and maintains that he is in prison for having found the phone of the deceased a few days after the murder.
Michael Tonkeu Feumba has cried for help from President Paul Biya, Justice Minister Laurent Esso, and human rights organizations.
Student[at a university] and teacher at a private college in Yaoundé, Michael has been detained at the Kondengui Central Prison since April 29, 2015.
On April 14, 2015, the corpse of William Fouda was found very early in the morning between rails not far from Yaoundé central town. William Fouda was a young soldier, aged 29, working with the Presidential Guard.
His right leg was mutilated while the skull was open.
A few metres from the scene, Michael said he had spotted an empty phone without a battery nor a sim card on his way to the university where he was studying.
In a message, Michael says he had given the phone to one of his younger brothers who fitted in the missing parts and had the phone going.
Michael relates that he was later arrested together with his father and two brothers by elements of the National Gendarmerie. He was told that the phone belonged to the murdered Fouda. After a few days of enquiry, they were released. But on April 29, 2015, he was summoned by the magistrate at a magistrate court in Mfoundi for the murder of the son of Rear Admiral Fouda.
Michael reveals that the magistrate took FCFA 400,000 from his family to ensure his temporary release which has never materialised.
Since then, the young man has been appearing in court without a concrete end to his case.
The case has been adjourned severally for one reason or another.
According to him, the last hearing was due for November 7, 2017 but he was not even taken out of prison.
" Is it a crime to lack someone who can defend you for being kept in prison for no reason? I know you will understand me well. I pray you come to my rescue," laments the young teacher.