How can the people of Southern Cameroon's say with certainty that there is any such thing as living togetherness with their French speaking Cameroonians when their differences are always there? Can the people of Southern Cameroon's often refereed to as Biafrans, enemies in the house and excluded from the amenities granted citizens say that they are living togetherness? When homes are bungled, properties stolen and homes burnt down by soldiers all French speaking cultivate that feeling of living togetherness amongst the people of Southern Cameroon's? The people of Southern Cameroon's whose brothers,sisters, wives, husbands, uncles, aunts, nephews and nieces can't pretend to say that there is any such thing as living togetherness in the Cameroon's. There are a lot of discrepancies in the Cameroon's in the way these people ate treated. The Southern Cameroonian is automatically guilty even before being aligned before any judge across the Mungo just because he is a Southern Cameroonian. On the contrary the Francophone is treated as a king, prince and princes in every facet of life such as job opportunities and appointments. The so called regional balance stuff when it comes to public recruitment examinations isn't a fair and realistic. The people of Southern Cameroon's are by far superior and greater than the other regions or provinces because there once were only legitimate States in the Federal Republic of the Cameroon's, namely West and East Cameroon. How can one say that there is living togetherness when the people of Southern Cameroon's are obliged to procure a certificate of Cameroonian nationality before being granted the Cameroonian national identification. The other French speaking Cameroonians aren't subjugated to such crap because there are already bone fade citizens of LA Republique Du Cameroun whereas the people of Southern Cameroon's are merely strangers in their land. How can anybody be talking about living togetherness when Police check points inundate the entire Southern Cameroon's and the people heavily subjugated as well as dehumanized, whereas the French speaking regions have free movement of persons and goods? Living togetherness isn't done by obligation as attempted by the beast tagged tagged BIR because anything done without genuine desire to have it implemented is fake. The attitude of French speaking Cameroonians during this crisis has pin pointed that living togetherness in Cameroon is a myth and will never materialize even after a trillion years.
Can two separate and distinct cultures inherited from two distinct Colonial masters be fused into one culture the French culture by obligation? This hotchpotch can't work today and won't ever work ever because a people can't be caged forever by a group of self seeking bootlickers from the Southern Cameroon's,who assume that they can and forever sell their Southern Cameroonian brothers to France for crumbs.
Studied B.Sc Journalism and Mass Communication at University of Buea
A plea from Cameroon Concord........
Thank you for reading our magazine, we have a plea to ask you our readers. Over the last two years, hits on our articles have been climbing, we have had an increase in clicks and also a broader reading audience on our social media channels.Our readers have been writing to us requestion for news updates from Cameroon/Southern Cameroons. We have as well been trying to give you the best we can, however, we are short of finances to recruit reporters to carry on independent and investigative journalism which takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. We are therefore pleading on you to support our efforts for this platform to be able to keep up the good work we are doing.
For as little as €1, you can support Cameroon Concord– and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Latest from Eyong Orlando
- World cup 2018: Tunisia fail to resurrect pride of Africa
- Russia 2018: Nigeria follow path of African losing nations
- Cameroon-Anglophone crisis: In name of the government,Tchiroma rejects in strong terms Amnesty international report
- World cup kickoff: Role of Cameroon in Russia
- Russia 2018: Africa well represented in world cup
- Jean Baptiste Placca: RFI journalist Says Paul should make way for his succession
- GCE: GBHS Fundong catches fire, exam scripts reduced to ashes
- Football: Dieudonne Happi wants to take responsibilities of FECAFOOT president
- Cameroon: Issa Tchiroma Bakari gives government’s version of killings in Pinying
- GCE 2018: Gunmen disrupt exams in Muyuka
- Cameroon: Seven Anglophone activists sentenced
- Anglophone crisis: Black Friday in Pinyin, Santa subdivision
- Bertoua: Inmates receive first holy communion
- Bertoua: Inmates receive first holy communion
- Cameroon: Minister of External relations tells US Ambassador to respect Cameroonians