All for Joomla All for Webmasters

 

Concord Newsdesk

Concord Newsdesk

Website URL: http://www.cameroon-concord.com Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Forty months after former Prime Minister Ephraim Inoni and former Secretary General at the Presidency Jean Marie Atangana Mebara were each slammed 20 years by the Special Criminal Court for misdeeds in the Camair affair, the two ex regime barons are due to appear this time at the Supreme Court.

The counsels for the two personalities received the information which placed June 13 is the date their respective clients will appear in court for what might be a push to revoke the sentence. They were accused of embezzling 1.7billion francs CFA and sentenced in October 2013.

Though the laws governing the Special Criminal Court gives 6 months for an appeal to be made after a pronouncement, it has taken close to 4 years for the Supreme Court to finally revive the case. We gathered from close sources that some officials at the court had provocatively delayed the file but the reason for this turnaround is still a mystery, though commentators suspect the Head of state might on the verge of granting a possible clemency to his former PM as a move towards appeasing angry Anglophones. We however cannot confirm this .

Inoni and Mebara who are incarcerated have on many occasions denied all the charges insisting that they are being held for other motives than stealing from the state purse.

A blast on Monday night at a concert in the English city of Manchester where U.S. singer Ariana Grande had been performing left at least 19 people dead and about 50 injured in what British police said was being treated as a terrorist incident.

Police said they were responding to reports of an explosion and that there were a number of confirmed fatalities and others injured at the arena, which has a capacity for 21,000 people.

 
 

A witness who attended the concert said she felt a huge blast as she was leaving the arena, followed by screaming and a rush as thousands of people trying to escape.

"We were making our way out and when we were right by the door there was a massive explosion and everybody was screaming," concert-goer Catherine Macfarlane told Reuters.

"It was a huge explosion - you could feel it in your chest. It was chaotic. Everybody was running and screaming and just trying to get out."

Witnesses reported that many children were at the concert.

Manchester Arena, the largest indoor arena in Europe, opened in 1995 and is a popular concert and sporting venue.

A spokesman for Ariana Grande, 23, said the singer was "okay". A video posted on Twitter showed fans, many of them young, screaming and running from the venue.

Britain is on its second-highest alert level of "severe" meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.

 

Reuters

A blast on Monday night at a concert in the English city of Manchester where U.S. singer Ariana Grande had been performing left at least 19 people dead and about 50 injured in what British police said was being treated as a terrorist incident.

Police said they were responding to reports of an explosion and that there were a number of confirmed fatalities and others injured at the arena, which has a capacity for 21,000 people.

 
 

A witness who attended the concert said she felt a huge blast as she was leaving the arena, followed by screaming and a rush as thousands of people trying to escape.

"We were making our way out and when we were right by the door there was a massive explosion and everybody was screaming," concert-goer Catherine Macfarlane told Reuters.

"It was a huge explosion - you could feel it in your chest. It was chaotic. Everybody was running and screaming and just trying to get out."

Witnesses reported that many children were at the concert.

Manchester Arena, the largest indoor arena in Europe, opened in 1995 and is a popular concert and sporting venue.

A spokesman for Ariana Grande, 23, said the singer was "okay". A video posted on Twitter showed fans, many of them young, screaming and running from the venue.

Britain is on its second-highest alert level of "severe" meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.

 

Reuters

According to information published by the Cameroon daily, Mutations in its May 22 edition, two SDF Mayors from Bamenda, played Judas Iscariot to their Chairman’s call to boycott the National reunification celebration.

On the day of the celebration, the two were seen sitting at the tribune together with other humble servants of La Republic, watching and cheering those who were marching, mostly comprised of the military, social groups and citizens suspected to have been hired, as only few schools partook in the activities.

The names of the two Mayors were gotten as, Fidelis Balick Awa of the Bamenda II municipality and Cletus Fongu of the Bamenda III council.

It irks the SDF party militants to note that despite the fact that the party did not take part in the 20th May feast in Bamenda if not the nation as a whole, some two individuals chose to dissuade themselves from honouring the National Chairman’s call.

This is a call which Ni John Fru Ndi reiterated in a communiqué which he signed on the 7th May 2017. It was made clear that the locked up southern Cameroonians must be released, federalism looked into, and a forum for genuine dialogue set, for discussions about the revisions that need to made in the constitution, before they could consider participating in the 20th May celebration.

It is believed that the message touched every nook and cranny of the National triangle, so there is no tangible reason, the two perverts of the SDF can give to justify their disobedience.

Notwithstanding, a worker of the Bamenda II council in trying to justify the mayors’ involvement in the activities, explained that, “a mayor is part and parcel of everything that has to do with their community. He is an authority. That’s why you saw them in civilian wears and not party uniforms”.

A truck carrying sand has crushed two people in  Nyala, in the economic capital of Cameroon, Douala.
The incident occurred on Monday, 22.02.2017 at 10:30 a.m.


The two victims are a callbox operator by name, Ngo Minong Elizabeth, 45 and the rider of the motorbike involved in the accident, Kambe Alain Georges.
According to  Tresor Tanon(Journalist) from Canal2 International, the accident happened when the rider of the motorbike tried to overtake another vehicle. He reportedly came face-to-face with a taxi before the truck came from behind and ran over two of the three occupants of the motorbike.
The third person,who could have part of the blame, reportedly jumped off the vehicle upon seeing the imminent danger.
This fatal incident comes barely two days after the celebration of "National Unity Day".
Road accidents have become too frequent in Cameroon. At least 14 people lost their lives in road accidents in the last two weeks.

The Gendarmerie Brigade of Banga Bakundu a village along the Kumba road has been burnt down to ashes. The people of Banga Bakundu in the South west region precisely in the Meme Division on witnessed a raging fire in the early hours of Saturday morning. Anglophone protesters have described it as a ghost visit.

An inhabitant of this village whose name we got just as Samuel said “what we are witnessing is strange to this village because nobody was seen around here at the time the fire started and with the present situation in the country, fingers are pointing to the inhabitants which is exactly what our people have been trying to avoid”.

Upon receiving news of the incident, the Divisional Officer for Mbonge took off to expect the incident but did not reach destination for he was involved in an automobile accident on the way and was taken to the hospital somewhere in the South West Region. He is in a stable condition and is fast responding to treatment.

Until moment, the cause for the fire is still unknown and the forces that be are working on it to know what actually provoked the raging flames that caused so much damage.

Page 1 of 285

Headlines On Anglophone Newspapers

Modern Villa For Sale in Yaounde Cameroon

Cameroon Concord  is an online publication covering and reporting on  local and world news, sports, entertainment, politics, business, and religious news. Serving Cameroonians .

Newsletter

 

Get the latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to our news alerts.

ADVERTISE

Top
We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…