The lions' emblematic goal getter, Clinton Njie is back on his feet again after many months of difficulties emanating from multiple injuries and relatively unstable performance. The youngster who plays for French division one side Olympique de Marseille( OM) scored twice over the weekend in a friendly game against sporting of Portugal. The promising striker who was almost rolled out of Rudi Garcia's programme in Olympique de Marseille has finally signed a three year contract with the club after his loan period from Tottenham expired. The transfer deal which has given him another chance to prove his goal scoring skills in the ligue 1 championship worth seven million Euros.
In an interview granted to French sports magazine, l'équipe, " Papi mokala" as hé is often called expressed his gratitude to the coach, Rudi Garcia who has renewed confidence in him..... Am determined to have a splendid season here in OM and our greatest objective is to be amongst the best three...Njie added.
This beautiful preseason performance could earn Njie's come back in the indomitable lions squad by September when the team will be taking on Nigeria for the away and return leg games counting for qualifiers of the 2018 world cup. Clinton's recent good shape news has been received with so much joy and excitement by the population of the south west region where he originates and Cameroonians as a whole. Many are already calling on the lion's head coach, Hugo Broos, to immediately include the name of this future star in his list. All hopes are high as well as expectations to see Njie do what he was born to.
Latest from Concord Essen
- Keeping them Honest: Your Country Needs You Mark Bareta is asking whose side are you on?
- MP's of Cameroon's main opposition party, SDF boycott parliamentary session
- Southern Cameroons : PGSST Bafut on fire
- Five military personnel of La Republique du CameroUn found dead
- Anglophone crisis: One dead in Muyuka
- Cameroon:Detained for over 30 months without charge for having 'murdered' son of Biya's adviser
- Ferdinand Ngoh Ngoh and Seraphin Magloire Fouda try to disrupt Atangana Kouna's networks at Camwater
- Soldier murdered in Bamenda, Cameroon
- Vodafone calls off operations in Cameroun with immediate effect
- Justice Ayah Paul downplays Biya's alleged arrest warrants against Ambazonians
- Lady shot dead in Bamenda, Cameroon
- Cameroon: Mezam SDO Slams 2 Weeks Curfew after attacks on Gendermes
- Cameroon: The Paradox Of Biya’s Greater Achievement Gov’t
- Cameroon: Biya Dangles International Arrest Warrants Over 15 Ambazonians
- Heavy militarisation of Bamenda following death of two gendarme officers