Elites and youths of Bangolan village drawn from all over the country rallied at the palace of their Fon, HRH Chafah Isaac XI in Yaounde on Saturday August 5th in a general meeting to concert on measures that can enhance lasting peace and harmony in Bangolan. They all agreed to prioritise dialogue, love for one another and to encourage other youths to shun violent extremism tendencies. Chairing the opening ceremony of the meeting, HRH, Fon Chafah XI of Bangolan reiterated that he has forgiven everybody nor matter their offences and he is also ready to rehabilitate those who went astray. He added that he has never stopped praying asking God to open the eyes of some of his subjects who took the wrong direction to come back to their senses.
The grand rally which brought Bangolan indigenes from Bamenda, Ndop, Babessi, Foumbot, OBALA, Yaoundé, Ebolowa, Kribi, Ayos, Douala,Ntui,just to name a few ended with ground breaking resolutions arrived at. Top amongst the resolutions include the continues preaching of peace and reconciliation which they all acknowledged are conditions sine quanon for socio economic development of their village which has been in ruins for over a year now. Participants also denounced the lackadaisical attitude portrayed by some Bangolan natives towards this moment of misunderstanding in the village and called on all to join the peace and reconciliation wagon for the common interest of their village.
However they also regretted the recent brouhaha which broke up between Bangolan and Babessi leading to the seizure of a huge portion of their farm land with crops by the Babessi people. All efforts to arrive at a consensus with the Babessi traditional council regarding the retrocession of the land to Bangolan has been futile as the Babessi people insist if they must dialogue, it should be in the presence of Fon Chafah whom they recognize as ruler of Bangolan till date.
It should be recalled that the present stalemate in Bangolan erupted in February 2016 when some ignorant youths plotted an abortive coup to unseat FON Chafah who has been on the throne for 35 years. His step brother late Mbipefah James Salim a protagonist of bellicose activism was tipped for the command post but was snatched by the cool hands of death, a situation which many believe the ancestors were furious with the overzealous prince for desecrating the land by attempting dethrone his brother who was enthroned 35 years ago by their father under the watchful eyes of the entire village and the administration.
North West Region: Bangolan chieftaincy crisis, villagers seek Pacific resolution.
A plea from Cameroon Concord........
Thank you for reading our magazine, we have a plea to ask you our readers. Over the last two years, hits on our articles have been climbing, we have had an increase in clicks and also a broader reading audience on our social media channels.Our readers have been writing to us requestion for news updates from Cameroon/Southern Cameroons. We have as well been trying to give you the best we can, however, we are short of finances to recruit reporters to carry on independent and investigative journalism which takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. We are therefore pleading on you to support our efforts for this platform to be able to keep up the good work we are doing.
For as little as €1, you can support Cameroon Concord– and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Latest from Concord Newsdesk
- Ndu council distributes 13600 textbooks to schools in the sub division
- Biya's rare Cabinet meeting: Security, Decentralisation, 2018 Elections top Council of Ministers Session
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe says never thought Mnangagwa would turn against him
- Switzerland pumps in CFA3.4 billion to promote renewable energy projects in Cameroon
- Bamenda: Kidnapped Delegate Pleads From Captivity
- Cameroon launches call for tender to run multipurpose terminal of Kribi deepwater
- Anglophone Crisis, Sanctions May Push MTN Out Of Cameroon
- Cameroon: Paul Biya convenes a council of ministers on Thursday
- China Invites Biya For State Visit
- Cameroon: A truck of petrol or contraband fuel sized with 31800 litres.
- Cameroon: LA liga and the Cameroon Professional Football league sign partnership aimed at improving football in Cameroon.
- Cameroon: The Anglophone crisis: The Brigade Commander of the Nguti Gendarmerie Brigade killed by restoration forces.
- Nigeria tells LA Republique Du Cameroun enough is enough
- Batibo remain the battle ground that makes Atangana Paul Nji panicking
- The Ambazonia Revolution and CameroUn’s Empty Treasury: CAF Must Begin Looking Elsewhere for AFCON 2019