The capital Yaounde but also all the cities of the central and southern regions is more than 4 million people will be deprived of electricity on Tuesday from 6 to 12 hours (5 pm to 11 pm GMT) announced Minister Gaston Eloundou Essomba of Water and Energy.
"This interruption is essential to connect the substation Nomayos substation to the electricity transmission network," said Gaston Eloundou Essomba.
The post, he says, is "necessary for the forthcoming commissioning of the new cement production unit at Nomayos ".
The new 90/30 Kilo volt substation with an installed capacity of 36 Mega volt amps will enable, among other things, the power supply of the new industrial clinker grinding unit, as well as that of several localities, and the coverage of the industrial zone. Yaounde-west.
As a reminder, the Cement factories of Cameroon (Cimencam) have built a clinker grinding station in Nomayos estimated at 27 billion FCFA. It is located in the commune of Mbankomo, Department of Mefou-and-Akono Central region.
With this new plant, whose first CEM II 42.5 type cement (Robust) was produced on January 28, 2019, Cimencam aims to produce 2 million tonnes a year.
The connection of the substation of Nomayos (Center), will affect the power supply in two regions out of the ten that counts Cameroon.
A plea from Cameroon Concord........
Thank you for reading our magazine, we have a plea to ask you our readers. Over the last two years, hits on our articles have been climbing, we have had an increase in clicks and also a broader reading audience on our social media channels.Our readers have been writing to us requestion for news updates from Cameroon/Southern Cameroons. We have as well been trying to give you the best we can, however, we are short of finances to recruit reporters to carry on independent and investigative journalism which takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. We are therefore pleading on you to support our efforts for this platform to be able to keep up the good work we are doing.
For as little as €1, you can support Cameroon Concord– and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Latest from Concord Newsdesk
- Cameroon: Opening of the Cameroon Business Forum in Douala, a tool for promoting private investment.
- Cameroon: Government rejects unilateral increase in prices of alcoholic beverages
- Cameroonian Elected Board Member of Minority Rights Group Africa
- Cameroon says Olembe stadium near completion
- Cameroon: Elecam working towards 'free and fair' Legislative, Municipal Elections
- Cameroon: EU mounts pressure on Biya amidst escalating anglophone crisis
- Cameroonian controversial journalist narrates live on air on how to beat your woman without leaving traces
- Southern Cameroons Crisis: Professor Martin Ayim speaks out
- From The Desk of The Chairman of The Ambazonia Defense Council
- The son of Liberia's ex-president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Charged After Probe Into Missing Millions
- Nigeria accuses Cameroon of violating UN Protocols
- Cameroon: After Brasseries, Guinness steps up to increase drink prices
- R Kelly breaksdown in tears in first interview after sexual abuse accusations
- Operation Sparrowhawk Cameroon: Edgard Alain Mebe Ngo'o sent to Kondengui
- Cameroon: Moukandjo quits Jiangsu Suning