The Commonwealth Secretary General is the lead scribe for the over 2.1 billion Anglo-Saxon individuals in the world! Anglo-Saxon Communities are committed to uphold: Democracy, Human rights, International Peace & Security, Tolerance, respect
and understanding, Freedom of expression, separation of powers, Rule of Law, Good Governance. The English language is the rallying factor and the Anglo-Saxon culture of integrity is the binding glue of this organization. Cameroon’s record in the
upholding of the commonwealth values is catastrophic:
1. Democracy- ELECAM far from being independent is composed of a majority of people appointed by the head of state who were high profile members of his political party. Biya’s surrogate once said “You cannot be the referee and Player and loose the match!” Hailing this powerless institution that cannot even declare election results is a crime! The People’s Clamor for Federalism was met by the dictator’s fist and declaration “the form of state is not up for debate!”; just at the time when we thought democracy was about “power to the people by the people”; not by the dictator! Will Patricia Scotland praise this perverse dictatorship or shun it?
2. Human rights- After the killing of over 1oo recorded unarmed citizens by life bullets, the continuing arbitrary arrests and torture of thousands of Anglophones, the open extortion by the Biya’s forces who ask for money to release people they illegally arrested and falsely accused; given the summary execution of local communities and villages by BIYA’s Forces, what will Patricia Scotland say?
3. International Peace & Security- With the exodus of over 7000 registered refugees to Nigeria, and tens of thousands more hiding in the bushes for fear of execution; many escaping for their lives from the violent and indiscriminate clam down on innocent & peaceful civilian communities by Biya’s forces (thus creating the International Insecurity and declaring a “merciless war” on his own people, now
become a resistance force of freedom fighters), How will the Rt Honorable Patricia
Scotland say to address Biya’s violation?
4. Tolerance- When Government takes away kitchen knives from entire communities, seizes all their farm tools, cutlasses and every metal instrument found and brandishes them as weapons ceased from terrorists to the international community, even though NOT ONE PERSON was killed by a knife or machete; how will these farming communities survive? How will Patricia Scotland respond?
5. Respect and understanding – With the UN, Francophonie, France, USA, Commonwealth, International Crises Group, Transparency International, Cameroon Civil Society, Political Parties, Secessionists, and virtually EVERY observer of the conflict having called on “Genuine and Inclusive Dialogue” as the way to solve this conflict and Biya in disregard and disrespect of all these opinions declares war on civilians after claiming he is committed to dialogue; When not one meeting is called by Biya for dialogue in 11 months, but soldiers are sent to kill civilians; How will the learned diplomat Patricia Scotland handle this?
6. Freedom of expression- With an officially published ban by the Government since December 2016 on the discussion of this crises on the air, and the regular crackdown on journalist for showing images or giving an unbiased report as “adding oil to the crises”, the press has almost stopped reporting on the conflict, and a silent genocide is now going on unattended to – How does Patricia Scotland intervene to enhance freedom of expression?
7. Separation of powers- In a state where the Presidents of the Upper and Lower Houses of Parliament as well as all of the parliamentary bureau members are voted based on instructions of the Party President Mr. Biya, and where these two houses CANNOT debate on the “Anglophone Crises” for over a year because Mr. Biya has not authorized it; the Legislative is mortgaged and Mr Biya has 100% control over all what happens there. In a country where the head of state is the supreme head of the Judiciary, and is the only one to convoke and chair the National Judicial Council, that is supposed to be able to judge him and Parliamentarians; the Judiciary has no independence; justice is violated. Like in every country, the legitimate head of the Executive is also commander in chief of the armed forces, Cameroon is no exception! Interestingly, here, the Executive, the Military, the Judiciary, the Legislative, and the Media are ALL directly controlled by Mr. Biya, the 35 Year absolute dictator over Cameroon with absolute power over all institutions. What will Rt. Hon. Patricia Scotland, preserver and protector of the common wealth value of separation of powers do?
8. Rule of Law – The Cameroon Constitution carries an article on the declaration of property by public officials which neither Mr. Biya, nor any other public official respects. The constitution safeguarded the rights of the Southern Cameroonians when
they joint the union, but was out rightly violated in 1972 by the abridging of the federal state. Today it safeguards a decentralization that has never been put in place, 21 years after! The Presumption of innocence does not exist in Cameroon law
practice, on in law books. Suspects are detained without bail and others kept in jail for years without trial in violation of the laws of the state. On the other hand, white-collar men whose crimes are known and the evidence public, are kept in
positions of leadership with the right to abuse their authority as a tool to squash down on all attempts at protesting! Peaceful protesters carrying peace plants are killed with live bullets, while no soldiers is even wounded; but the protesters who
should have been protected by the forces of law and order are called “terrorists”! How will Patricia Scotland uphold Commonwealth value of human rights and rule of law?
9. Good Governance - This of course has for years been the main reproach and hindrance to all of Cameroon’s mighty and lofty projects with its great potential… Bad governance and corruption! The World Bank and all other economic and political
partners have put that in perspective. With less than 10% of school attendance rate in the NW & SW “Anglophone” Regions, the shut down of Private & confessional
schools, and unapologetic summary executions and wide scale extortion by forces of “Law and Order” of the Biya regime, who have terrorized citizens into seeking refuge in neighboring Nigeria; will Rt Honorable Patricia Scotland have the courage to speak up? Will she be wrapped into Biya’s neatly laid out diplomatic bribery scheme to blindfold her and soak her in the riches of the land, thus distracting her from her real mission OR will she take the gentleman’s position of integrity to stand up against injustice, and enforce the upholding of Commonwealth Values in Cameroon-a commonwealth state? EVERY ONE of these values which are directly and openly violated in this state? The English language is the rallying factor and the Anglo-Saxon culture of integrity and respect of values is the binding glue of this Common Wealth organization!
WILL RT. HONORABLE PATRICIA SCOTLAND SQ DELIVER IN CAMEROON?
The disaster of an Anglo-Saxon University, flooded by Francophone Teachers who teach in French and have no idea of the Anglo-Saxon culture was skillfully avoided by the old dictator with 35 years of political maneuvering to his account. Over the years, this ancestral regime has perfected the art of manipulation and diplomatic tricking as a means survival!
Having accepted that Patricia Scotland publish her schedule and tours on her page, and given her the assurances of the security forces protecting her to the “Anglophone Regions” which are now “stabilized and where all has returned to order, with schools going on, and the graduation of UB fully planned” the regime ridiculed the Rt Hon. Scotland in the usual most subtle but firm manner by
Torpedoing all of her plans and causing her to loose face in front of the Anglo-Saxon community without even knowing it:
Scotland is widely published as wining, dinning, Praising, and dressing in the with 35 year dictator’s in his impressively sumptuous gold plated palace! While the shameless 35 year old dictator convinces her IN FRENCH that the “Bilingualism committee” will solve all the problems of a crises in which innocent people were being killed daily and internet access selectively cut in two regions.
Interestingly, after 35 years as head of state with over 50 years as a high profile civil servant in Cameroon, and since the inception of the Bilingualism Committee, Mr. Biya still cannot express himself in French and should be punished by the said committee by removal from power as that disqualifies him from public office; but he is still there, proving that the committee is a tool to deceive the international
community that the regime is trying to solve a problem. But of course Rt. Hon Scotland was already well stuffed in gifts and goes on to praise the government’s efforts to solve the crises.
Rt Hon Scotland is "bribed" amongst other things with the highest honors in the Cameroonian orders, amongst other discrete sumptuous gifts offered to soften her positions and blind her views. The Biya Regime's approach of a few gifts for your birthrights seemed to have worked wonders on the "Honorable" Lady! This is seen by the shocking one-sided nature that her trip finally takes! She is firmly prevented from carrying out her scheduled visits to English speaking Cameroon which is "at peace" and where "school are on and all is well" in the name of "security reasons" in the peace! She criticizes the parliamentarians who had been to the field and recorded over 122 deaths, 7000 refugees, and are calling for dialogue like her, while praising, dinning and winning with the men who for over one year have "Refused to discuss the crises in the senate and parliament" and who have sent a well trained army to kill peaceful protesters holding up peace plants! Mention about the refugee crises, the deaths of hundreds of innocent protesters, mass graves found, bunker prisoners, torture chambers, and whole villages razed by military helicopter were scares or none existent in her talk!
The ban on all medias houses from filming and showing images of torture in the militarized zones, the selective cut of internet imposed since September 28, 2017 in the two regions, the fact that promised dialogue has NOT even been initiated, but rather a civil war has been started as government systematically harasses, arrests and kills youths of arms-bearing ages did not make it to the pages of the "honorable" Lady's speech! The surprising fact that Rt Hon Scotland engaged Biya's game, completely isolating the Anglophone community in Cameroon, "supporting" the war to kill the innocent protesters, and their minority members of parliament, without so much as a courtesy visit, thus siding with a 35 year dictator showing that she had been completely compromised and has thus sacrificed Commonwealth values on the altar of personal gain. She has been wrapped around the fingers of the old fox – Biya, just like the few "Anglophone Elite" whom he will later sent to meet and talk to her about how well the nation is doing! Having been played, by the master hustler, Rt Hon Scotland has two options: praise the master hustler and accept having been ridiculed and compromised by the old fox, or take up her dignity and save face by in turn playing the master hustler at his game and upholding the commonwealth values which she incarnates.
The wonder on the minds of the 8 million Anglophone Cameroonian who were hoping that Rt Hon Scotland will make the difference and get to see the realities they have been suffering for 56 years and how they are currently being treated as slaves is, "If the commonwealth prelate can so easily be compromised by Mr. Biya's gifts and tricks, IS THERE ANY HOPE, other than an all out civil war?" Rt Hon Scotland the ball is in your court… uphold Commonwealth values, shun M. Biya and seek justice for the Anglophone Cameroonians who are the ONLY PEOPLE by whose Anglo-Saxon culture you came to Cameroon, or be responsible for the blood of the thousands who believed in your good offices! You were yourself marginalized, compromised and your mission cunningly deviated by M. Biya and his team, its not too late to sound the alarm for the sake of innocent
lives being destroyed under in Southern Cameroon! Mola Atang
Note: The master of obstruction of Justice, Bribery and corruption has done again. Is the commonwealth sacrificing the lives of eight million southern Cameroonians for few pieces of gold?