My visit to the United Nations was an opportunity to remind people. Remind them that the General Assembly of that organization has, in the past, already adopted many agendas, declarations, and programmes for action. These raised tremendous hopes around the world among the youth, women and men, in the cities and in the countryside.They heralded a new world of peace and shared prosperity. But then, little followed in the way of concrete action. Let us therefore see to it today that the new goals for sustainable development meet a better fate.
Latest from Concord Essen
- Boko Haram Insurgents Kidnap Oil Survey Team In Northern Nigeria
- New militia attack in Central African town kills 2 peacekeepers
- China donates to Cameroon meteorological equipment worth over one billion francs FCfa
- Cameroon Sports: Njie Clinton rolling back on track
- Cameroon: Fresh Boko Haram attack has left two Gendarmarie officers dead
- Anti-HIV vagina ring to be tested in Africa
- Mutiny feared in Douala as Gov’t Delegate plans to immortalise rebel leader
- Cameroon: Regional governors to begin meeting in Yaounde amid security challenges
- Suspected robber burnt to ashes in Bafoussam
- Rescue us from suffocating taxes, unemployment, CPDM youths beseech Biya
- Two chiefs dismissed in Bakassi for 'spreading false news'
- Restive Biya ban porch cars for Ministers as salary cuts, heavy taxes looms
- CPDM party uniforms ignite discord among SDF, CPDM militants
- Cameroon: Government spends fcfa 10 billion to renovate conference centre.
- Cancer treatment centre coming soon in Cameroon